Letting Go and Letting God.....

"If you really want to make God Laugh, plan your life" -Mother Theresa

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Garden Hunting

Well, when little girls want to go hunting- they head to the garden:) They were in search of some butterfly's. This was the last weekend before school started. It was so much fun to see them working together towards a common goal. In fact this summer was a great one! We did sooooo much. Lots of fun camps and art classes and visits to the library. But somehow in there it seems we had lots of family times too......



They got one! And they made so many memories this summer. We made a list of the things we wanted to do and had it hanging in the kitchen. We accomplished most of the things on that list. Some of the things were: sleeping out in the yard, hiking, a big family camping trip, biking, and visiting many parks and fun areas right around our house.

I think I enjoyed this summer more than any other summer we have ever had. I felt like it flew by but in a good way. Not because I didn't get to do the things I wanted, but just because we were having so much fun that I lost track of time!




Oh, and did I mention. We spent a lot of time in the garden this year. It was beautiful! and we are still enjoying some of the fruits of our labor.... tomatoes, flowers, sweet potatoes, jalapenos, they are still coming....
This summer, I noticed something more..... My girls are growing up, my girls are good sweet fun girls that I truly enjoy being around. I know, of course I think that, they are my girls- right? well, I can be honest- there are times during motherhood that you don't enjoy it- that you are tired and frustrated and feeling like a slave and you say things like I enjoy it cause you think you should.... but honestly, I really really really enjoyed motherhood and my girls and our family this summer. Thank you God.


No comments:

Post a Comment